To race with the East Coast Timing Association you must:
1. Become a member. Membership- $50 per calendar year. From July to December the cost is $25. Membership includes one copy of the current rule book, free entry to spectate at any ECTA event. Any person driving/riding a race vehicle in our events must be a current member.
2. Prepare your car or motorcycle to meet our safety requirements. You must also comply with the safety rules for proper gear to protect your body. To review the basic safety requirements for cars, click here: Car Safety Requirements.
. All procedures for compliance are covered in the current rule book, and any mid-year changes or additions can be found on the web site’s link to Rule Book Addenda.
To order rule book, send $10 to: ECTA, 380 Lincoln St – Abington, MA 02351 Remember, you get a rule book with your membership. Rule books may also be purchased at the track.
3. Get a number and logbook. Each vehicle competing must have a unique vehicle number and a logbook. Replacement logbooks are available at the track at the Registration Trailer for $10. The logbook is used for all future ECTA events. Request Vehicle Number.
4. Register to run in the event. Registration Fees and information:
Fees will be as follows: Apr/May (3 days): $300,
June (2 days): $250, and Sept/Oct (3 days): $300
Click the link directly below to visit the registration site and sign up -
Pre-entries MUST be received one week prior to the event. Registration will be capped at 150 entries per meet. All entries after the 150th will be put on a waiting list. Racers will be notified that they are on the waiting list and in what position upon receipt of entry by the ECTA. If a competitor withdraws from competition, we will notify the next competitor on the waiting list. If you have pre-entered and know you will not make the meet, please notify Tonya to release your position in registration to the next competitor. All entries to be received by email, fax or US Postal mail. Entries will not be taken by telephone. Unused registration fees will only be held over for one meet. If you pre-pay for a meet and are unable to attend, your registration fee will be carried over until the following meet only. At that time, if you are unable to attend the following meet, your monies will be forfeited unless you specifically request a refund. You must request your refund within 1 week of the subsequent meet.
- Membership Form / Medical Form – It will only be requested on an annual basis. This will help our rescue crew, should there be an incident at the track. We don’t require you to have health insurance to race with us, but if you do, please provide the information.
- Pre-Entry Form – This form must be mailed 10 days before the meet. We need the form in order for us to make the inputs to the system, please don’t send a check without the form. Unused registration fees will only be held over for one meet. If you pre-pay for a meet and are unable to attend, your registration fee can be carried over until the following meet only. At that point, if you are unable to attend the following meet, your monies will be forfeited unless you specifically request a refund within a week of the end of that following meet. You must request the refund for the Sept. meet by the end of the following week. Again, the new online registration will be up on FEB 1st. Please start using that system versus this form.
- Tire Waiver Form – Any motorcycle rider over 187 MPH or car driver over 225 mph MUST sign this waiver annually. Please sign and return with membership/medical form.
For our racers not living in the US, please mail your fees in US Dollars. Our bank wants to charge us $75 to process a check not in US dollars. Credit cards are accepted without additional fees.
Registration is per vehicle, per event weekend for the class in which you initially register. Driver/rider changes are free of charge. All additional drivers must be current ECTA members. There is no discount for multiple vehicles entered by a single member or for running just one day of the event.
Event Rainout Policy
If an event is cancelled by the ECTA because of inclement weather, pre-paid entry fees can either be applied to the next event or refunded. There will be a $50 processing charge.
Please Note: Registration for future meets opens up the Monday after the previous meet. You may send your form through e-mail or US mail or fax…no phone calls please.
The membership and pre-entry forms are in a .pdf format. They can be filled in and saved and/or printed from the page. If you do not have the current version of Adobe Reader to open these forms, please go to http://get.adobe.com/reader/ and download the free program.